- Intelligence Analysts Use U.S. Smartphone Location Data Without Warrants, Memo Saysby Charlie Savage on January 25, 2021 at 5:16 pm
The disclosure comes amid growing legislative scrutiny of how the government uses commercially available location records.
- Amazon Union Drive Takes Hold in Unlikely Placeby Michael Corkery and Karen Weise on January 25, 2021 at 3:04 pm
Workers at a warehouse in Bessemer, Ala., are to vote next month on whether to unionize, the largest and most viable effort of its kind involving the technology giant.
- Trump Wants Back on Facebook. This Star-Studded Jury Might Let Him.by Ben Smith on January 25, 2021 at 2:12 pm
A new kind of corporate supercourt is looking for legitimacy.
- Monitoring the Weather at the Edge of the Worldby Marzena Skubatz on January 25, 2021 at 10:00 am
Marsibil Erlendsdottir runs a farm and provides weather reports from a remote outpost in eastern Iceland. The job requires vigilance and an unfailing resolve.
- How to Keep Internet Trolls Out of Remote Workplacesby Nellie Bowles on January 24, 2021 at 8:05 pm
When companies move all employee communications online, they face the same problems as the rest of the internet. But they don’t have to let bad behavior seep in.
- Uber, After Buying Postmates, Lays Off More Than 180 Employeesby Mike Isaac on January 24, 2021 at 12:55 am
The layoffs include most of the executive team at Postmates, the food delivery app that Uber bought last year.
- Help With Vaccination Push Comes From Unexpected Businessesby Gillian Friedman and Lauren Hirsch on January 23, 2021 at 4:39 pm
Microsoft, Starbucks and Amazon are among the companies offering the government assistance with logistics and operations.
- Can a Brash Executive in Kansas Save Movie Theaters?by Brooks Barnes on January 22, 2021 at 10:07 pm
For Adam Aron, who runs AMC Entertainment, the world’s largest movie theater chain, the past year has been filled with twists and turns. And no one knows the ending.
- Facebook Invokes Its ‘Supreme Court’by Shira Ovide on January 22, 2021 at 5:39 pm
The site asks its oversight body to rule on Trump. But its justice system doesn’t work for everyone.
- An Australia With No Google? The Bitter Fight Behind a Drastic Threatby Damien Cave on January 22, 2021 at 2:11 pm
The big tech platforms are facing a challenge unlike any other as Australia moves to make them pay for news.